Saturday, July 14, 2007

sojourner trying to settle down...

I've been in madison for 2 months now. Its taking some time to settle in. I feel frustrated about not having any solid friendships. Thats one of the bittersweet things about ywam. I have made some fantastic friends through the years, but now I'm lucky if I ever get an email from them. I am not mad at them...well maybe a little. I am not the best at keeping in touch either. Maybe friendships just come and go and thats just life. Are all friendships seasonal? Do we put too much stock in friendships? Why do we as guys isolate ourselves so much? Are we loners by God's design? I don't really want to start anymore friendships. I feel a little jaded almost like what's the point of having friends because they wont be around for long or I will be leaving soon. I have been trying to convince myself that I don't really need friends, but I know thats a dangerous thought. I know men get into trouble when they isolate themselves, I have seen it.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:27:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!

Dawn Hawley here! Just to let you know that I think of and pray for you often. Congratulations on being one step closer to your green card. A big deal for sure.

For me, life in Israel is interesting. I miss the weather in Vancouver!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter