Saturday, November 05, 2005


A lot like prison...

I now volunteer at the Trout Lake Community Centre. I don't have many responsibilities. All I have to do is tell people to put there name on the sign in list and ask if they have a membership and the rest of the time I get to play Basketball.

It’s mostly Asian’s that come, but this week there were Asians, Latinos and then Craig and I the "token white guys". The Asians where on one side of the court and the Latinos on the others side and Craig and I in the middle. I thought hmm this seems like prison everyone sticks with their own race, its safer that way I guess the easiest way not to get knifed or something like that. A good friend of mine told me "whenever there's tension people always go to where they are most comfortable" (there own culture). I also felt like we were the white missionaries trying to bring the two opposing tribes together. Didn't work out that way. Craig and I ended up playing on the same team as the Latino’s so it became the west (white guys and Latinos) versus the east (Asians). I was a little worried that the Asians thought that was intentional... Perhaps we will have to mix the teams next time to prevent World war III that almost happened this week. Right as I was leaving there was what appeared to be a near fistfight between to opposing team members...a near clash of civilisations.

4 Comments:

At Monday, November 07, 2005 4:55:00 PM , Blogger j. oates said...

hey, i just wanted to say hi so you would have a comment on your blog! i love you....

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:18:00 PM , Blogger ASAM said...

Good for you. Keep up the God work. Love walking around Trout Lake.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:21:00 PM , Blogger ASAM said...

I am trying to figure out what was special about those shoes and why you were able to get that much money. Do you have a little something that explains why you put those shoes up etc. etc.?

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:05:00 PM , Blogger Michael said...

These shoes are a collectors item. People pay a lot for them. Becuase they were a rare design when they came out in 97.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter