Tuesday, November 22, 2005

XBox Xtravaganza


I got an Xbox 360 today. For those of you not in the know its a video game system.

No I am not a video game junkie. I'm just hoping it might sell on ebay.

I was watching the news last night, right before heading to bed and they announced that the xbox was being released all over north america in limited quantities....hmmm I thought cha ching! $$$.

So I got myself up bright and early (4:30am) so I could wait in line and hopefully get one. I was the second guy in line, I felt a nice sense of accomplishment by 7:30 am (thirty mins before future shop's opening time) being second in line with nearly forty people behind me, knowing that there were only about 20 xbox's available. I haven't really done anything like that before. It was a real interesting study in human behaviour. It was interesting to see all the different types of people who also wanted to get their paws on the xbox. The guy in front of me was an apprentice chef who passed the 2 and half hours wait by smoking a joint sipping on vodka and watching a movie on mini dvd player. The guy behind me was a Scottish stock broker who was out to get an xbox for his son. And the rest of the people college students doing their homework standing up in line, mothers with their children. A young guy sending his girlfriend to starbucks to get some coffee so that he won't loose his place in line. It was fun to observe all of that stuff.

Jessi said that all the people who did manage to get an xbox have probably spent all day playing it while ours sits in the future shop bag completely unopened waiting for the ebay auction to end before its sent of to some other guy who didn't get up early enough today.

anyone know when does the play station 3 comes out?

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:35:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask Stevenson. He'll know...

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, seeing as I was the last person to write here (months ago), I wanted to know if you plan on writing here again. Do tell!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter